I graduated from Brigham Young University with my Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). I feel that if you can teach elementary you can pretty much conquer the world.
I am ready for the change of becoming the special education instructor at Pioneer High School, and I’m excited to work with the amazing students and staff. As an elementary teacher, I had students on many different learning levels and that had a plethora of different learning styles. I diligently strived to find the best strategies to make my students as successful as possible. I am looking forward to using those skills at Pioneer. I am also working on certifying in special education to further my knowledge in the field.
Some fun facts about me:
- I grew up in Cedar Hills, Utah, but I have lived in Hawaii, Argentina, and New York. I LOVE travelling and my favorite place I’ve visited is Martinique (an island in the Caribbean).
- I enjoy reading. My favorite book is Little Women. I feel like I relate a lot to the main character, Jo March. I also love to read to my 3 kids. Currently I am reading The HarryPotter series to them.
- I love to dance. I started dancing when I was 2.
- I am obsessed with going to concerts. The Killers are my favorite band in the world and Imagine Dragons and OneRepublic are my next favorites.
- I live for amusement parks and get season passes to Lagoon every year.
- I could live in a little grass shack on the beach and be happy for the rest of my life.